My blood experiment

I thought I’d post some pix of a little blood effect experiment I did last night. The other day I asked the question of how to create a really good blood look for a bucket of blood I have planned for another terrain piece. You lovely and clever people have me some great ideas. I kind of combined them all out of curiosity. The only thing I haven’t used is the water effect from Vallejo.

I am really happy with the result I achieved.

This was the method of my madness.

  1. I squeezed out a long snakey slither of PVA onto my terrain piece. Then dragged it into shape with a matchstick.
  2. I dripped in some blood for the blood God and felt rather silly because it went pink haha.
  3. I then poured in some red food dye and was pleasantly surprised at how dark and cool it looked. However it went a bit too watery.
  4. Then I squeezed on some Halloween fake blood and OH WOW!! It looked great.
  5. Finally I let it dry and then touched up the edges with blood for the blood God.

Heres the result. (Sorry about the shine from the light).

imageimage

Advertisements

16 thoughts on “My blood experiment”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s