So technically it’s 1 hour and 29 minutes into April but hey I’m a rule breaker not a rule maker!
I was going to build/paint a Tank Girl mini for Alex’s FEMbruary challenge and I didn’t think I’d make it in time for Womens History Month but hey presto here we are.
I wasn’t a big fan of the Tank Girl movie and I have never read a Tank Girl Comic but the artwork and imagery for both is awesome.
Here are just some of the cool images from the movie and comic books.
I love the mix of stereotypical girly girl mixed in with hard core badass and pop culture.
PLUS I had a bit of a thing for Gwen Steffani (Who reminds me of Tank Girl) when No Doubt first came out with “I’m just a girl”
I decided to go for a bit of a diorama for this one.
I call the piece “Up yours”
It’s very small but can you see the pack of Molboros strapped to the helmet?
Shes far from perfect but I’m happy with her and her little setting.
Some little details to look out for:
- Two (red white blue) Roundels. One on the Duffle Bag and one on her top.
- Ann Arbor Argus written on her Duffle Bag. This is a shout out to those of you from Michigan.
- “No Sleep Til Brooklyn” Sign. Cool song and a call lyric so why not? Haha.
- She’s giving the bird.
- Dagger and arro in the back of her helmet. Just like from some of the Comic images.
- Pack of Malboro’s strapped to her helmet.
- Anarchy symbol on the crate.
- “Charlie Don’t Surf” written on the car door.
- Aboriginal flag on her Duffle Bag.
- Her makeup.
The whole diorama was fun and challenging to make and Tank Girl was particullarly tricky to paint.
I hope you like it.