This is a part 2 to my windmill build I’m doing for the Turnip28 project.
Cutting the bricks became a little monotonous so I can see why hardcore terrain builders invest in a hot wire cutter.
The Imperfect Modeller suggested I could’ve done it with plaster and I think I’ll give that a go down the track when I build some medieval ruins for my medieval project.
I want the propeller to be sail-less to add to the dilapidated look. I want this thing to look centuries old. SO the propellers pictured are actually complete as far as the build goes. For the central cog I used the lid off a super glue tube. Once painted it should look ok.
I added a front door and some crates and more rocks as well.
I plan on rolling some screwed up silver foil over the bricks to add more texture.
Next I’ll be tackling the thatched roof and will be using stripped twine string for this. I’ve never done it before so it should be interesting and hopefully fun. I’ll also me adding the grout between the bricks.
Overall I’m pleased with how the windmill is looking so far.