I’d say it’s often the case that I set out with good intentions to start and finish a project but rarely do finish much haha.
I’ve come to realise that I am not a completist but what I am is a dreamer and dammit I dream BIG! No one is more surprised than me that I’ve completed this project.
In September (this year of 2022) I started building things for my Orks like a man possessed. During Orktober I painted as many of the built things as I could. For the first few weeks of November I’ve questioned my own sanity but have kept painting the built things for my Orks and last night I finished the final two pieces to complete the giant puzzle that is New OrkLeans.
Without further ado…
I give you New OrkLeans…
My observations on the finished town:
- It’s modular so it’s fairly interchangeable eg I could make a smaller compound etc. That’s a big tick for me.
- All the separate sections joined up really well. I’d say I was 90% accurate. Not bad considering there was no plan, measurement or method to my madness haha.
- The interior of the compound/fort was a little smaller than I hoped. Notice there’s no vehicles within the compound. They just didn’t fit. I’m glad I didn’t go for anymore buildings otherwise they wouldn’t have fit either. Even now it’s a little squishy but still playable which is another tick.
- I like that there’s height and width to the whole thing. It takes up two thirds of a 6ft long gaming table.
Now let’s see some shots of Da BludLettas manning the giant fort.
It’s all set up for the big game with my pal Keith tonight.
- New OrkLeans – Check
- Da BludLettas – Check
- Imperial Guard – Check
- Cheese and bacon balls – Check
- Beer – Check
Tomorrow I’ll post the Battle Report.
Just wanted to thank everyone for their words of encouragement with this project. Your thoughts and ideas were all also much appreciated.
I realised today, as I was setting everything up, that one of my first ideas/projects when I first got back into the hobby in 2015 was to build an Ork Fort. Here we are seven years later and I couldn’t be happier.